Our Blessing Named Jesse

Jesse Quintin was born September 26, 2007, the much-loved fifth son of Kristan and Chad. He was diagnosed shortly after birth with AV Canal Heart Defect and Down Syndrome. Thursday, January 10th, Jesse had surgery to repair his heart defect. Friday morning he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. After 45 min. of CPR he was attached to life support. By God's healing hand his heart started to beat again and he came off life support on January 13. We created this blog to keep everyone updated.





Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"New" Laptop

I am posting from our room on my "new" laptop - a wonderful surprise that arrived in the mail today. Thanks Kim and Bill!!! It is one of their old computers and is missing a few keys, but has a wireless internet connection that is working great! Now I have no excuse for not keeping everyone up to date.

I have enjoyed my days with the boys. Samuel and Chad stayed Sunday afternoon. Matthew stayed Monday, and ended up spending the night because of the slick roads. And Collin is here today, and spending the night because Matthew got to... We have had fun playing lots of games and getting ice cream at the coffee shop. I got to talk with boys about what they have been doing in school, and review a little of their work. I'll miss them when they go back home tomorrow.

Jesse continues to do well, mostly just fusses when he gets hungry. I can't wait until I can feed him all he wants again. Pedialyte isn't very satisfying so he wants to eat very often. I am thankful that he is sleeping all night!!!

Love,
Kristan

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah!! Thank you, Lord, for hungry loving boys, for sleep when we need it, for loving family who send us what we need.
    We are hoping to come see you on Saturday when we get to Denver, but it is still in the air as John has a chest cold right now. We don't want to inflict that on you. Maybe we will come on next Wednesday after we take him to the airport or ?? We are hoping to stay healthy. Blessings, Marsha and Mike and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great surprise! I'm sure Steve is happy to have his computer back. We'll have to see if Bill can find a laptop for us sometime....

    Love, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice of your sister and her family. What a great way for you to stay connected. It was good to hear your voice yesterday. I always enjoy our chats. I continue to see God at work and feel so blessed that both of us found Him. All my love ♥♥ Amee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen, Chad and Boys----what a joy to see your video, and a real blessing to my heart! God has brought your family so very far this last few weeks, and promises to carry you the rest of the way!!

    It will be a real joy to see you all get to come home soon, as you are missed by many! Hope there is something we can do to make your transition easier!

    Love to you all
    Les and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete