Our Blessing Named Jesse

Jesse Quintin was born September 26, 2007, the much-loved fifth son of Kristan and Chad. He was diagnosed shortly after birth with AV Canal Heart Defect and Down Syndrome. Thursday, January 10th, Jesse had surgery to repair his heart defect. Friday morning he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. After 45 min. of CPR he was attached to life support. By God's healing hand his heart started to beat again and he came off life support on January 13. We created this blog to keep everyone updated.





Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Check-Up on February 19th

Yesterday we went back to Children's Hospital for a check-up. The best news was that the chest x-ray showed no fluid accumulation. Jesse has also gained about a 1/2 pound in the last week. He did have a stitch near the top of his incision that never came out and had become infected, so the doctor had to cut it out, but Jesse did very well. He is on antibiotics for 5 days. We don't have to go back to Children's again until March 20th and Jesse can go back on his normal diet March 6th. Well, I have to go get the kids up and ready for a school day. I'll try to periodically update what is going on with Jesse.

Love,
Kristan

7 comments:

  1. I was here. Grin. Still praying for y'all!

    Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad ot hear everything went well. I thought about you a lot yesterday. I hope that things fall into place and you and the boys can get back into your routine. Talk to you soon. ♥Amee

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there, ive been following jesse's story. i met one of your friends on yahoo answers, when i told her my son has HLHS (unbalanced AV canal). she and i emailed back and forth several times. she shared your story and website with me. i hope the info i gave her helped you out some. anyway i am so happy to hear all he is doing better. if you want to talk, want heart mom to heart mom support, feel free to email me nurse_kiddy@yahoo.com
    your family and little jesse are in my thoughts and prayers always. enjoy that baby. heart hugs.
    susan
    mom of 3
    2 hh 1 hlhs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord!! Glad things are continuing to go well! It must feel great to be back home and being around the ones you love!! May the Lord continue to heal Jesse and bless the whole family!

    The Dirks Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were so glad to hear that you two went home. Steve and I are inspired by your faith and testimony. We pray for you and your family often, and we love to see the updates.

    Mary and Steve Berry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalm 77
    1 I cry aloud to God,
    aloud to God, and he will hear me.
    2 In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord;
    in the night my hand is stretched out without wearying;
    my soul refuses to be comforted.
    3 When I remember God, I moan;
    when I meditate, my spirit faints. Selah

    4 You hold my eyelids open;
    I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
    5 I consider the days of old,
    the years long ago.
    6 I said, “Let me remember my song in the night;
    let me meditate in my heart.”
    Then my spirit made a diligent search:
    7 “Will the Lord spurn forever,
    and never again be favorable?
    8 Has his steadfast love forever ceased?
    Are his promises at an end for all time?
    9 Has God forgotten to be gracious?
    Has he in anger shut up his compassion?” Selah

    10 Then I said, “I will appeal to this,
    to the years of the right hand of the Most High.”
    11 I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
    yes, I will remember your wonders of old.
    12 I will ponder all your work,
    and meditate on your mighty deeds.
    13 Your way, O God, is holy.
    What god is great like our God?
    14 You are the God who works wonders;
    you have made known your might among the peoples.
    15 You with your arm redeemed your people,
    the children of Jacob and Joseph. Selah

    16 When the waters saw you, O God,
    when the waters saw you, they were afraid;
    indeed, the deep trembled.
    17 The clouds poured out water;
    the skies gave forth thunder;
    your arrows flashed on every side.
    18 The crash of your thunder was in the whirlwind;
    your lightnings lighted up the world;
    the earth trembled and shook.
    19 Your way was through the sea,
    your path through the great waters;
    yet your footprints were unseen.
    20 You led your people like a flock
    by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

    Blessings,
    Aunt Kim

    Never forget His mighty, mighty works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm so glad Jesse is doing well! He is still in our thoughts and prayers-come visit!
    Love,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete