Our Blessing Named Jesse

Jesse Quintin was born September 26, 2007, the much-loved fifth son of Kristan and Chad. He was diagnosed shortly after birth with AV Canal Heart Defect and Down Syndrome. Thursday, January 10th, Jesse had surgery to repair his heart defect. Friday morning he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. After 45 min. of CPR he was attached to life support. By God's healing hand his heart started to beat again and he came off life support on January 13. We created this blog to keep everyone updated.





Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday, January 18 - Breathing Tube Is Out!!!

They are preparing to take Jesse off the respirator - 1 week after his cardiac arrest. Pray that all goes well.

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (John 14:27)

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)


5:15pm - The breathing tube is out!!! Jesse is getting oxygen and nitric oxide through a nasal cannula, but breathing on his own once again. Praise God that all went smoothly.

Love,
Kristan

9 comments:

  1. me, too...

    "Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage." (Psalm 84:5)

    Sylvia G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got your prayer request. Will be praying. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got on to check for an update. I hope that things went well coming off. I anxiously await more good news! I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Talk soon ♥♥♥ Amee

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to hear that Jesse is breathing on his own. I remember all too well the day the doctors were able to remove Nick's breathing tube; he looked like my little boy again and I could finally find a spot on his cheek to kiss! What a joyful day for all of you. Hope the boys enjoyed the Stock Show and that mom is getting a bit of rest.
    Thinking and praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise Him, Praise Him all you little children!!!! Little by little the Lord does His work so He can be glorified!! To top it off you guys have the boys still right? They get to rejoice with you all together!! Praise the Lord! Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.(Isaiah 26:3,4) We are rejoicing for all of you.Jesse and the whole family are showing God's greatness and power. We will continue to keep all of you in prayer, thanksgiving, and praising of the Lord.

    Praise ye the Lord. Hallelujah!
    Praise ye the Lord. Hallelujah!
    Praise ye the Lord. Hallejujah!
    Pr-a-i-se ye the Lord!

    Love, The Dirks Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris and Chad,

    Your Aunt Tense and I are praying for Jesse everyday. Our arms are wrapped around you.

    Love, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news!!!!!God is good. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise God that Jesse is breathing on his own. What good news. We will continue praying. Jim & Terry

    ReplyDelete