Our Blessing Named Jesse

Jesse Quintin was born September 26, 2007, the much-loved fifth son of Kristan and Chad. He was diagnosed shortly after birth with AV Canal Heart Defect and Down Syndrome. Thursday, January 10th, Jesse had surgery to repair his heart defect. Friday morning he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. After 45 min. of CPR he was attached to life support. By God's healing hand his heart started to beat again and he came off life support on January 13. We created this blog to keep everyone updated.





Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thurs, Jan 31 - updated 6:30 CST

Hi, everyone. Thank you for your prayers.

The headline for today is: JESSE AND KRISTAN BOTH SLEPT ALL NIGHT! Wow. What a praise! Jesse slept from 11pm-7am, through a diaper change & other stuff the nurse did around 4am. Kristan slept all night and even got in a shower before Jesse woke up.

Jesse had his chest tube removed today - on purpose. Please pray that there continues to be no accumulation of fluid in his chest. The chest x-ray looked good. Yeah!

Jesse had an echocardiogram done. This confirmed that he still has "pulmonary hypertension" - high blood pressure in his lungs.

While they were doing the echo, they turned off his oxygen. Within a minute or two, his oxygen saturation levels dropped to 78% (normal is like 98-100%), so they turned the oxygen back on. Jesse is on the lowest level of oxygen in his nose right now (1/4 L per hour), but he's definitely not ready to come off of it.

Chad and "the boys" are hoping to come visit on Saturday. Please pray that everyone is healthy and that Jesse & Kristan would be protected from any illness.

Also, please pray that Kristan will have wisdom & discernment while she talks with the doctors. Pray she'll know just what questions to ask, that she'll understand the doctor-lingo, and that she'll be able to direct Jesse's medical care for his best. It can sure be intimidating talking to the doctors, so just pray for her.

Thank you all so much for checking the blog. Kristan, Chad and all of us covet your prayers & comments here on the blog. It looks like Jesse will be in the hospital for at least another 10 days, and maybe even 2 weeks or longer, so please remember them often.

Truly,
Aunt Kim

8 comments:

  1. Kim thank you so very much for keeping this blog up to date. I am not sure if I am a blog junkie or a Jesse junkie ☺ You have been a wonderful sister to Kristen and a great Aunt!!

    I was so happy to read that you guys got some much needed rest. Kristan you must feel like a new woman. I hope we continue to see things improve. I will be in touch soon. All my love ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing a good night sleep is. Your blog is wonderful. I am a Jesse blog junkie. I am on it multiple times a day. I feel blessed to be able to keep up with what your family is going through and praying for you. I love to see all the great things that have happened. I pray that the blessing will continue to pour out. I pray all goes well with Chad and the boys visit, it is nice to be together as family, and you guys have a very strong family. Thank you again for keeping us informed on this blog. May God continue to bless you and we will continue to pray.
    The Hernandez Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised at my tears. The video is wonderful and very sweet, Kim (and Bill). The scripture throughout and the quotes are the perfect way to keep us focused on the way God is keeping this little life, and all of yours, in his hands. I am thankful for the blog too. Thanks for keeping us posted in such meaningful ways.

    Lots of love,
    Lori in St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with you. I know that medical issues can make times really hard but as the Bible tells us "God will never give us more than we can handle."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kristan,
    I have wanted to write a note on the blog, but day after day goes by and I don't seem to get around to it. I am praying for you often though. I am having a lot of fun doing school with Samuel. He also follows me around in the mornings and "helps" me with the dishes and "helps" me with the laundry! He is so sweet!
    I was really sad to hear that Jesse is going to need to be in the hospital so much longer. This is a verse that has been an encouragement to me.
    "My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26 The word strength can also be translated "rock" and is used this way in numerous other texts.
    My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the Rock of my heart and my portion forever.

    O safe to the Rock that is higher than I
    My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
    So sinful, so weary - Thine, Thine would I be
    Thou blest Rock of Ages I'm hiding in Thee.

    Hiding in Thee, Hiding in Thee, Thou blest Rock of Ages I'm hiding in Thee.

    Know that we love you and are praying for you and dear little Jesse.
    Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristan, Chad and boys: You are in our thoughts and prayers daily. How hard it must be to be separated
    from family and home. We are praying that Jesse and all can be home soon. Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This goes out to all of the Lange family, little Jesse, Chad, Kristen, the boys and Steve and Wanda -- thinking of you all and praying for continued good news -- In His Name, we pray,
    Stan and Jean Holzwart

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    and to take him at his word;
    just to rest upon his promise,
    and to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

    Refrain:
    Jesus, Jesus, how I trust him!
    How I've proved him o'er and o'er!
    Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
    O for grace to trust him more!

    O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    just to trust his cleansing blood;
    and in simple faith to plunge me
    neath the healing, cleansing flood!

    (Refrain)

    Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    just from sin and self to cease;
    just from Jesus simply taking
    life and rest, and joy and peace.

    (Refrain)

    I'm so glad I learned to trust thee,
    precious Jesus, Savior, friend;
    and I know that thou art with me,
    wilt be with me to the end.

    (Refrain)

    ReplyDelete