Our Blessing Named Jesse

Jesse Quintin was born September 26, 2007, the much-loved fifth son of Kristan and Chad. He was diagnosed shortly after birth with AV Canal Heart Defect and Down Syndrome. Thursday, January 10th, Jesse had surgery to repair his heart defect. Friday morning he suddenly went into cardiac arrest. After 45 min. of CPR he was attached to life support. By God's healing hand his heart started to beat again and he came off life support on January 13. We created this blog to keep everyone updated.





Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, January 28th

As Kim stated, things today didn't go as we had hoped. But God knew ahead how the day would go, and he sent people to be here for me. I knew Amee had been planning to come today, so I called her this morning to tell her they would be putting in a chest tube. I thought she was still at home, but she said she was only 20 minutes away. I'm so glad that God sent her to be here for me at just the right time. She also shared with me that on Friday the 11th at 7:45am she told her husband she felt the need to be with me. About 20 minutes later she received the prayer chain call that Jesse had gone into cardiac arrest at 7:45am. Isn't God amazing? I hope I can be as good at listening and obeying God as Amee has been.

Steve and Wanda were also here during the procedure, and then came back to bring a delicious dinner. I also had surprise visits from Julie, Judy and Cindy and was given a wonderful shoulder/neck/foot massage. Thanks!!!

Jesse has been quite tired throughout the day and somewhat irratible - maybe in pain? The chest tube was inserted successfully and has drained over 35cc of fluid. His oxygen saturation levels immediately rose after draining the fluid off and I was so surprised to actually see 100% on the screen. They have since reduced his oxygen to 1/4 liter per hour and that is as low as they will go and he continues to have saturations in the upper 90's.

Jesse will be going in tomorrow at 10:00am to have a PICC line inserted. (A peripherally inserted central catheter- (PICC or PIC line) is a form of intravenous access that can be used for a prolonged period of time, e.g. for long chemotherapy regimens, extended antibiotic therapy or total parenteral nutrition. )

Please pray for Jesse's health and strength, and endurance and rest for me.

Love,
Kristan

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Kristan, This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and glad in it! What a joy it was to see you yesterday.I hope you rested last night. We had a good trip home even with (Ginger driving).You are very blessed to have a friend like Amee. Love you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew 11:28-30
    "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

    1 Peter 5:7
    "Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

    1 Peter 1:3-7
    "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

    Romans 8:31-39
    "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,
    "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."
    No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

    I love you so much. I pray that you will have sweet time in God's Word today and that He will encourage you and strengthen you by His grace. Remember, what is impossible with man is possible with God. He raised Jesus from the dead! I'll leave you with this, from Paul's letter to the Ephesians.

    "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, ... that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kristan and Chad,
    I check this site many times a day to see how you are all doing. It's certainly been a long road for you all, but I can see there is improvement in Jesse's condition. And that is so good to hear. Kristan I hope that you can find some rest. I'm sure this seems endless to you. Is Chad back at the ranch now?
    We are having a good ole' midwest winter day. A bit of snow, winds at 45mph, temps to get to -12ยบ, and wind chills - well - who wants to think about that. I'm working in the studio today and staying warm with all of our kitties. You are all in our thoughs and prayers - always.
    Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete